Top DUI Lawyer in San Diego: Bradley Corbett
You have 10 days to request a DMV hearing after being arrested for a DUI in California! Call to learn why and how to save your license. Call 619 800 4449.
In 2015, exactly 214,828 Californians were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Aside from dealing with the shame and hassle of being faced with a DUI, these individuals also have to dish out thousands and thousands of dollars to pay off the damages, fees and fines. In fact, these average cost for a first-time DUI offense is upwards of $20,000 – and that is not including the costs of any property damages or medical bills.
While these financial penalties were predominately established to deter people from drunk driving, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration estimates that 28 people still die as a result of drunk driving every day and approximately one in every three people will be involved in a drunk driving accident at some point in their lives.
If and when you are faced with a DUI, the first step you should take is to hire a DUI attorney. The biggest advantage of hiring a DUI attorney is that they fully understand the necessary legal proceedings involved with DUI. And with DUI laws varying from state to state and county to county, having a DUI attorney who understands regulations in San Diego is important to ensuring you get the best advice possible.
Advantages Of Hiring A DUI Attorney In San Diego
There are several advantages to hiring a San Diego DUI defense attorney.
- 1. DUI lawyers in San Diego know the exact requirements for blood draws, field sobriety tests, breath tests and much more. Because these attorneys are specialized in current and relevant laws and technology, they are able to handle your case with both the physical and educational resources necessary to identify holes or issues in your case that could benefit you.
- 2. A San Diego DUI defense attorney can also help you financially in the long run. Dealing with fines, court feeds, any prison or bail charges, and more can take a serious toll on your bank account and long-term finances. However, DUI lawyers can prevent these charges from impeding too much on your personal life and financial situation.
- 3. San Diego defense attorneys can implement a strong legal strategy that is fitting for your specific case. Based on specific events and circumstances, your DUI lawyer can make negotiations or settlements and prepare for trial in a manner that will benefit you in the best way possible.
- 4. DUI defense attorney has an entire team of staff members that can delegate work and important strategies to better represent you in court. Gathering critical evidence, interviewing and cross-examining key witnesses, preparing necessary documents – these tasks are all necessary when building a solid case. Your San Diego defense attorney can utilize their staff resources to quickly and efficiently defend you in court.
- 5. Most of all, having a DUI defense lawyer who understands the legal realms of San Diego DUI laws can provide you with both moral and emotional support throughout your case proceedings. Facing criminal charges can spur fear, depression, shame, anxiety and more, but having a professional who is confident and reassuring can help ease these emotions.
What To Do If You’re Stopped For A DUI In San Diego
If you’re stopped for a DUI in San Diego, there are five steps you should take:
- 1. In a polite manner, request to answer questions only when your DUI attorney is present.
- 2. Remember that field sobriety tests aren’t required by law and they rarely help you in court. Thus, decline to take any field sobriety tests.
- 3. Similarly, decline taking any breathalyzer tests not required by law. **Note: this is only advisable if you are over the age of 21.
- 4. If you are confident that you’ll breath under the legal limit of .08%, agree to take required “evidentiary” breath or blood tests.
- 5. If your license is suspended, call the local DMV within 10 days and demand a license suspension hearing. This will give you a chance to explain to the court why your license should not be suspended.
Choose Bradley R. Corbett As Your San Diego DUI Defense Attorney
As mentioned above, you have 10 days to request a DMV hearing after being arrested for a DUI in San Diego. DUI Defense Attorney Bradley R. Corbett treats every case as if it is his own and works tirelessly to get his clients the best results possible.
Corbett has handled over 500 DUI cases ranging from petty offenses to felony manslaughter cases. He prides himself is helping clients take control of their future, even in the most grim of situations. Recommended by dozens of attorneys around the San Diego area, Corbett is your go-to DUI defense attorney. Call today to learn how Bradley R. Corbett can represent you.